I just purchased the home version of Office 2016, vizio and…

Customer Question
I just purchased the...

I just purchased the home version of Office 2016, vizio and project manager for my home computer. I was having trouble trying to install it, so went to Best Buy. I bought the Lenovo idea pad in February of last year, I think it was 2-20-17. I forgot my password ***** didn't use it at all until about a week or two ago. Best Buy set it up on the day I bought it but their records don't show whether they put Office or another version of Microsoft on it at that time. I'm guessing it was the one that is only temporary.

Technician's Assistant: Which Microsoft product do you have?

Microsoft 2016 that I am trying to install. But we need to know what was already on the Lenova computer I bought on 2-20-17 to be able to do so. Best Buy suggested your records would show what they registered that night.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Microsoft software?

I tried to put office 2016 on it, which is what I trouble with. Best Buy tried the same but then said I needed to find out the key number. They were just trying Outlook I believe.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe my account is under ***** *****, the email address is***@******.***, and the phone number on the account is probably(###) ###-#### My home address is 5216 Bethel, Boise, ID 83706 and my home phone is(###) ###-#### My work email is***@******.***, the phone is(###) ###-####

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilizing our services

You need to sign in and check if you have a active subscription here: https://account.microsoft.com/

If you do and office 2016 is already installed on your machine, you can start any of the apps such as Word.

On the top right corner you should see a "Signin" button(please see attached). Signin with your account and office should be activated automatically without requiring a key

Regards,

G

tI finally got my password to allow me to get in. I reloaded all the programs and they indicated that they were finished and I could restart or just open. I restarted after I had tried open. I always get a message that there are no apps in my account. I hit retry a couple of times, then close and the program has opened behind it. 'but there is an ribbon across that says I have to activate the app but it wont let me.and the application is open behind it. It has an error code at the top saying it needs to be activated but won't let me activate it.
Tech Support Specialist: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago

Ok thanks, ***** ***** out this thread and try out suggestions by Anahita Bahrami, a MS Office dev team member

Immediately after his post there is some one with a Lenovo system who experienced the activation issue and got it resolved

No. Fortunately after about 45 minutes Best Buy's Geek Squid was able to get it on. I didn't have access to the ppm key in the indtructions.