I have a Lenovo computer that is a bit old, but worked fine.

Customer Question
I have a Lenovo...

I have a Lenovo computer that is a bit old, but worked fine. I was going to sell it and my son wiped the hard drive so there wouldn’t be any personal info left on it. I have decided to keep it and can’t find the start up discs. I have all the info about the computer and need to know what I need to get it running again.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Just a moment. It is a Lenovo IdeaCentre 2308 desktop. Didn’t see a model number. It had an Intel Pentium processor. Machine type 7747.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your IdeaCentre?

Can’t do anything, there is nothing left on it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the serial number, cpu G630 2.7, HDD 1T, Ram 6G and it had Wndows 7 originally, upgraded to 8 then 10.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

What discs are you looking for and I can help find replacement ones for you?

Also, what is the serial number so I can track this down for you as well?

The Serial number is ***** (or s) 09453013. I need the start up discs. My son wiped it clean.
There is nothing on it. He used Dban.
Why didn’t Microsoft answer my questions?

I see. What operating system did you want to put on it?

windows 10

Thank you. Okay, go to this link it will download a program so you can create the recovery disks again ---> CLICK HERE

If you want to order the actual discs in the mail, let me know too and i can check on that. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!

Can you email it to me? I’m currently on my
Phone

Sure. What is the e-mail you'd like me to send it to? Please remember to rate my service using the stars as well. Thanks!

Just a minute, my son coped the link and sent it to his computer

Sure. No problem!

He’s still working on it please hang on

Sure!

He is putting it on a flash drive
What is the charge for this when we know it is going to work?
Sorry it is taking a bit
Still there?
After he makes the boot drive, what are the next steps after the recovery process on he Lenovo.. or will it work just like a regular operating system install?
The Lenovo site keeps getting interrupted so he can’t finish putting it on the USB drive.
Are you still available???????

Hi, I'm here. I didn't get your messages until this morning for some reason. Please let me know when you're back and I can assist further