My son is having a problem getting into his email account.

Customer Question
Hi my son is...

Hi my son is having a problem getting into his email account. He is in Indonesia right now and he cannot call you from there, so he has given me all of his pertinent information so I can reset his password ***** change his secondary email. He wants me to use my phone number to be able to get a code if he needs to as I had his phone shut off until he gets back to the US.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

His phone number was(###) ###-####and that is the problem.....that phone number is ***** off so he cannot get a code and the dork used the same email addy to get a code so we cannot get a code! lol

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

It won't take us where there are security questions....it just seems stuck in a loop.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. The issue here is that you will not be able to get into the account and change the phone number without receiving the code to the phone number currently tied to the account. Basically what is happening is he probably tried to check his email in indonesia, googles security would then be set off and want to confirm it was him by texting the code on file. So really there is no way around this without his phone. This is one of those things that needs to be taken care of before you travel and since it wasn't there is nothing you can do now unfortunately.

Hopefully this saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not great news news but you are just rating me personally and not google, their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you