My web site that you list for McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary…

Customer Question
My web site that...

My web site that you list for McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary is in Japanese and I don't know why but it should be in english and I can't seem to get it corrected. Have i been hacked?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Apple the newest model. What is os?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

2017 What does OS mean. Forgive me but the people that usually do this are off today.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

A few days now. I ghanged the sign in password ***** that's it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How did this happen?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. To answer your question, yes your website is hacked. This is known as a Japanese keyword hack. Are you the developer of this site or do you have a web developer who made the site for you?

The fix for this issue can be a bit complex especially if you are not a developer. I wanted to share this guide with you though to show you how this is usually fixed:

https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/security/hacked/fixing_the_japanese_keyword_hack

If the guide seems too difficult to follow or you do not have access to the google search console or files that need to be viewed such as your .htaccess file then I would suggest you have your web developer fix this for you. If you do not have a web developer I would suggest you find one that can take care of this. It is not a simple job and could take a few hours to resolve perhaps even longer. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.