I have a jitterbug phone. Not very savvy.When turned on,

I have a jitterbug...

I have a jitterbug phone. Not very savvy.When turned on, home page does not come up but a screen that shows time, date, five icons and below that are the phone icon and the lock and the 5*. I have tried to swipe, only a screen that says emergency call. What have I done?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

I don't use it a lot, but maybe a couple of days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Other than I am a tech idiot, NO.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My husband just called my phone and I was able to answer, but when I disconnected, the screen went back to the same unusual and unuseable screen with time and date and the five icons followed by the three icons phone, lock and 5*
3/19/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.
There are a few things we can try. I see that you requested remote assistance. I can remote into a computer near you, and have you plug your phone in and we can see what options we have from there. Do you have a cable that plugs into your phone, and the other end will plug into a computer via USB?
Let me know. I will send the remote offer as well if you would like.

-Jamie

I have the cable connected

Perfect, if you want to start remote assistance, go ahead and accept that prompt I sent. If not, I can continue sending you troubleshooting steps this way.

Let me know

-Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you, ***** ***** the link to start remote assistance. Go ahead and download/run this on the computer that has the phone currently plugged in.
remote link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=603c223e-7560-4945-9c92-b013a16a944a

-Jamie

Also, can you let me know exactly which JitterBug phone you have? It looks like there are quite a few different models. (Ex: Jitterbug Flip, Jitterbug, jitterbug smart, etc..)

-Jamie

We still have this session open. I see that you opened a second ticket. I am going to close that one since we are still working on the issue here. Have you downloaded the remote session on the computer so I can log in and check on the phone with you?

-Jamie