I have forgotten my password and my 4 digit pin number. HP…

I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password ***** my 4 digit pin number.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

HP Pavilion 17 laptop

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Probably since the updates are automatic

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is all I know

3/19/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

This is to sign into windows correct?

Please let me know

windows 8.1 HP Pavillion Laptop

Thanks

and when you fail to sign in, what is the message you get?

Please let me know

If you can remotely fix it? Are you sure?

It would be via another computer to reset the password ***** the computer.

Else tell me

when you fail to sign in, what is the message you get?

Please let me know

The message says my password ***** ***** and to make sure I should contact microsoft password ***** live. Which I have tried 4 times

Can you tell me the email address you have used for the account on the computer please?

can you respond to the info I sent you?

I did... my response was

Do you have the cell phone ending in 94?

Please let me know

Ends in 83

you gave one ending in 94, likely then an old one

you have access to the gmail account starting with wy ?

No

ok, then there is no way to reset this online as you used an internal account, not an email address as the sign in.

In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.

Trying. Waiting for reboot

Thank you

Just arrived at sign in with password

The instructions will work, please carefully follow them and you will get there

Let me know how you go please

the holding shift key did not wpor

You do not just hold shift, you hold it and then click on the power icon on the screen, NOT the power button,and click on restart and keep shift held till you are at the menu please

Retrying

thanks

Ok I am reinstalling
Thanks for the help

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Will do

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist