I'm setting up a friends computer. Last week I entered a…

Customer Question
I'm setting up a...

I'm setting up a friends computer. Last week I entered a password ***** log into the computer. This week it wont take it. I cant reset password ***** get into it at all

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10 I think its HP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just 1 week. I am just trying to get it set up for him

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Some changes in keyboard layout may the cause of the problem. Click on the small eye icon on the right hand side of the password ***** then you will able to see the password ***** typed. Is the password ***** correctly?

Is it a local user account or Microsoft account?

I'm not sure
its at login so I'm guessing Microsoft

Okay, if so from another computer go to https://account.live.com/password/reset and follow the on screen instructions to reset the microsoft account password. Then try to login with the new password.

I dont understand?

On another computer go to the website https://account.live.com/password/reset and select I Forgot My Password ***** and clcik Next. follow the on screen instructions to reset the microsoft account password. Then try to login with the new password. Type the Microsoft Account login Email address and the Captcha code. Click Next. Verify your (your friend's) identity and set a new password ***** that account. Then try to login with the new password.

If it not helps, your account may a local account. If so you need to do some hack tricks to create a new local account and login. Please Refer This Page. It describes the process for both local and Microsoft account.

If nothing works, you need to clean install Windows 10 again.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Regards

Jins