I forgot my Microsoft password. My hp notebook. I don't

Customer Question
I forgot my Microsoft...

I forgot my Microsoft password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My hp notebook

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

I fo forgot my Microsoft 2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just my Microsoft password if that's ok

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your microsoft reset. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

Are you locked out of your computer or just your microsoft email?

To get back to me , either check your email. View one of the messages from justanswer that says you have received a reply or a message, open the message. Then inside it click the button that says view or reply on justanswer. That will bring you back to this page where you can scroll down and reply.

Or, go to justanswer.com, login at the top right. Then click my questions at the top right. Then, you will see our question listed there. Click the question, scroll down and reply!

I was charged without receiving a Microsoft account password

No, there is a hold on it from customer service. I can help you reset your password, but i need you to only reply here and please answer the questions i send.

If it is just the microsoft password: this is how you reset and for your pc if that is the case too.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Reset your password. Click the link above :

Enter your email address when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.

Enter the characters you see on the screen (this procedure makes us know you're not a robot), then click Next.

If you've added security information to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you provide. You'll be able to set a new password ***** you enter that code on the next screen.

If password ***** doesn't work, try the following steps:

1. If you can't get a security code

If you don't get to your security info ( the alternate phone number or email address), click I didn't get a code when you're prompted for a code at sign-in, or I don't have access to these when you're resetting your password.
You might be asked to fill in a security questionnaire and be asked for some private personal information. There may be a 30-day waiting period to get full access to your account. Learn more about security info here: Security info & security codes.

2. If your profile is temporarily blocked

If you've seen a message that your profile is temporarily blocked, we may have detected spam or other fraudulent use of your account, or content that violates our Terms of Use. Learn more here: Profile temporarily blocked.

3. If you recently turned on two-step verification

If you've taken the extra security step of turning on two-step verification, some apps and devices will notify that your password ***** ***** because the apps haven't been updated to prompt you for a security code. Instead of your regular password, you'll need to use an app password ***** get in."

Once you reset that password ***** on another device, reboot your pc. Not restart. Shut it down completely.

Then power up again. Make sure there is a wifi/internet signal on the bottom left. If there is not, you will need to

use an ethernet cord or connect to internet to get the computer to take your new password ***** 'see' the change

you made.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Hi, can you please update and let me know if you were able to reset that password ***** close this issue out or continue?

Hi, can you please update and let me know if you were able to reset that password ***** close this issue out or continue