My computer has been locked bitlocker and do not have the…

Customer Question
Hi, My computer has...

Hi, My computer has been locked bitlocker and do not have the code. Is this kept anywhere - I do have the serial number for my computer (T100). thanks Sue

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Computer, Asus T100 TA, Sue

Technician's Assistant: What Asus model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

?? Intel

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Windows 8

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

This happened about 6weeks ago - I tried to redo my Microsoft account and had to wait a month for that but it was not the answer

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 5 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! If you were signing into your computer with a Microsoft account, your Bitlocker key should be available here:

BitLocker Recovery Keys

Hope that helps! Please let me know how it works out for you.

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!