I am hitting the microphone and rather than turn on, it

Customer Question
I am hitting the...

I am hitting the microphone and rather than turn on, it shuts down the program

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

MacBook Air MacOS High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

This is the second time I have ever used my dragon speak since purchase. Started up Dragon Speak and click the red microphone and then it shuts down.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 month ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When it shuts down, does it give you an error?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No error message,
First I get Dragon is starting up. Then I get the icon in the upper right of my screen. Below is the following "Guidance" The microphone is off. What can I do? Click the microphone button to dictate. Then I click the red microphone and then it turns green briefly goes away and I get a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, Dragon quit unexpectedly. asking to send error comments to apple.

When did this issue start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The first time I used it after my computer technician installed it for me. I just tried it again and like last night, see above. Rinse and repeat, Rinse and repeat...I am stuck in that loop...

To clarify, it happened right from the start, as soon as it was installed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Richard,
Respectfully, ***** ***** a computer technician that I already work with who could remote connect. When I reached out I needed assistant yesterday evening (Sunday evening) Unless you are a Dragon Speak Expert, it doesn't serve me to move forward with your offer. Are you a Dragon Speak Expert? If yes, then what to you believe the problem to be?

yes I am, and can I kindly ask please if you can reply to the last question I sent you 30 minutes ago?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not the very first time, the next time I went to use it. After my computer had be shut off and restarted.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I am off to a meeting for the remainder of the day. I will do this tomorrow.

You are welcome, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Hi Richard,
I was able to implement the steps you shared and it do not improve my dragon speak. I have the same problem.
Richard, Computer Specialist