I have a Probook 642 G3 It is fitted with only 4G RAM Is it…

Customer Question
I have a Probook...

I have a Probook 642 G3 It is fitted with only 4G RAM Is it possible to add another 4G

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ProBook?

Windows 10 pro

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ProBook? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, I have installed a second W 10 Op system via Virtualbox - for a tech course, and the pc is labouring. Very slow.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Yes you can, you need a 4GB DDR4 PC4-17000 (2133 MHz) dual channel chip

It has two slots so you should have one free.

You can get it here

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Single-PC4-17000-SODIMM-260-Pin/dp/B015HQ9SI6

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you