I have a simple question. I have the ATT.net system which is…

Hello Pearl, Technician's Assistant:...

Hello Pearl,

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have a simple question. I have the ATT.net system which is actually a Yahoo. on my home page, I have a red circle with a white examination mark next to the mail icon. I can't fine any explanation of what that means. Can you explain? Please

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Att.net browser. and we don't use messenger. and I don't find any outgoing messages hung up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, Thanks

Dell Opteplex with Windows 7
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Thank you! I couldn’t find any kind of documentation anywhere for a seemingly simple question.

Good evening! Ordinarily, that symbol indicates that you have a message stuck in your Outbox (a message you sent to someone that was never delivered, for some reason). Look for your Outbox or Sent folder after you've signed into Mail, click that folder, and then check what messages are in there. When things are working correctly, you shouldn't see any messages...if you do, click each one to open it and try to re-send it.

Hope that helps! Please let me know whether that resolves the issue. :-)

Eric,I checked my mail boxes and don't have an "outbox". The sent messages appear to be up-to-date so don't see that as being a likely problem.As I said in my original request, I looked for any outgoing messages and didn't see any so not sure where this leaves my situation. How is that red icon extinguished if there aren't any e-mails stuck in the sent box?Thanks,Keith
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Can i take a look at this remotely or can you send a picture of this red exclamation mark?

This is a screen grab of the menu bar:

This could mean anything, if there are additional accounts and not working.

If they want you to update something, can you take the mouse over it without cilcking on it and see if it drops down more information?

BTW, the remote session will be free of charge and would be easy for me to investigate.

I will be happy for you to investigate.I have tried to hover over the icon with no response. Then I tried to right click on the icon to attempt to open any message, and all it did was to open the mailbox.How would you like to connect to this computer?

Please click the link below and run/open the program

https://www.fastsupport.com/328193482