I was told that I have 15 Hackers on my internet Computer.

I was told that...

I was told that I have 15 Hackers on my internet Computer. My a Amazon Support Employee. I talk to a friend he Fell that I was being scam by Employee. They are all from Mexico HELP HELP PLEASE

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Latitude D620

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Latitude?

What is, where do I find it on my Computer

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Latitude? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to take the hackers off.

3/18/2018
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this!

The person that you talked to was NOT with Amazon and was not giving you legitimate information. Your friend is right that someone is trying to scam you.

Sometimes these companies will claim to be Microsoft or Apple or some other well-known company, like Amazon. This is always a lie. Amazon is not even in the tech support business and none of these companies contact customers directly about problems with their computers.

Furthermore, no one is monitoring your computer for problems. The only way someone could do that would be if you installed specialized software on the machine and explicitly granted them permission to do so.

Many people are receiving these messages right now, so you are not the only one. If you receive calls like this in the future, simply ignore them.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast