I have DELL Inspiron 24 3000 series All in One.....I was…

Customer Question
I have DELL...

I have DELL Inspiron 24 3000 series All in One.....I was installing a Dell update and the the mouse stopped working and screen went black. I shut it down and now cant get screen back on

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Pleas explain

Technician's Assistant: Does your Inspiron make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

Light are on

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 1 month ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts

(when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again

and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.
Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot >
Advanced Options > System Restore. Select a restore point dated prior to
when the issue first started. Then click Next and follow the prompts to
complete the system restore. Reboot and test to see if the issue is
resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The screen is BLACK! Nothing will appear!

Unplug the power cord from the computer and also unplug all peripheral devices.

Wait 5 minutes for all power to drain from the computer.

Plug the power cord back in and power up the computer and let me know if the display starts working.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've done that and do NOT want to spend any more $ on a computer under warranty!

Ok then I will open up this question to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Tech Support Specialist: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 1 month ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst

Sounds like it is a motherboard issue. If it is under warranty you will have to contact Dell by phone for them to send you a box to load your Dell in and send back to them for repair.

I would first try a different power cord to rule that out.

Keep me posted please.

Good morning, did you still need help on this ticket?

If not please RATE 4 stars or above and I will close the ticket.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
none of the above actions worked. I was disappointed in the fee charged for the service and would appreciate a refund. I have sent my computer to DELL for repairs under warranty.
Tech Support Specialist: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 23 days ago

Yes if the above did not work then it is an hardware issue which would be required by Dell to fix. Glad it is still under warranty. Will put in for a refund for you. We always have 100% guarantee.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you
cvd4311
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst