I have a Dell Latitude 7480 I want to reset the computer how…

I have a Dell...

I have a Dell Latitude 7480 I want to reset the computer how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Latitude?

Window's 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Latitude? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't remember password ***** user name

HI are you working on my question?
I would like you to connect to the computer and fix it. However I can't get into the computer can you still connect and fix it that way? I am on another computer asking these questions
3/18/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Since you are not able to log in to the computer you need assistance with, I will not be able to connect to it remotely. Are you wanting to reset your Dell back to factory defaults?

please send info on how to reset to factory defaults

Reboot your computer. As it boots up, press and hold the "F8" key until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu. If you see the Windows logo appear, restart the computer and try to enter the Advanced Boot Options menu again. Use the down arrow on your keyboard to choose "Repair Your Computer." Press "Enter."

Hi trying that now

Okay.

Nothing so far
Trying again
Okay I am at repair window now says system recovery options
What do I do next

What are the options

Says next or load drivers?

Go to Next

Said internal error occurred the following information might help you resolve the error. The system cannot find the file specified

You should see Advanced Boot Options if you are in the right menu.

Choose recovery tool Start up repair or system repair will not let me arrow down
To let you connect do I just hook up to my internet cable

That won't work unless you can log in to that computer.

No I can't log in

Do you have mouse control?

the mouse works
We went back to were it says Windows 7
should we reboot again

If you upgraded to 10 from Windows 7 that is what you will get if you reload the factory defaults. You will need to reinstall Windows 10 later.

Did not upgrad to 10 says windows 7

Can you select the recovery tool with the mouse?

no mouse pad not letting me do anything

I thought you had mouse control?

I though I did have it but I don't

Okay start over and make sure you are in the Advanced Boot Options menu before you continue.

Takes me to safe mode then starts windows

Are you able to access Windows in safemode?

Is the only problem you are having due to your password?

Then it goes to ctrl alt delete
to long in
log
User name and password

Okay. You could purchase a reset disc for that which might be easier?

How do I do that?

Check this LINK.

HI Dan that only works for password ***** about user name

It will clear all passwords. Once you do that you can login as anything you like.

How does it get around the User name
Oh Okay I will try that thank you

My pleasure! Please remember to rate my service and have a nice day!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi Dan no place to put a disk in this computer
Dan don'tleave
with no disk drive what do I do
Hello

Then go to this LINK