Not computer new phone forgot password and emails to fix it…

Customer Question
Not computer new phone...

Not computer new phone forgot password ***** emails to fix it not coming threw

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes tablet

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Both I believe

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so just don't want to lose account I have very important pics on there I can't afford to lose

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/18/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 1 month ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If the account for which you need a new password ***** ***** Gmail/Google account, do the following:
First open the Gmail login page at Gmail.com.
Type in your Email address and then click NEXT.
Click on ”Forgot my password”
Click on the ”Try a different question” link.
Choose if you want to receive your verification code to your mobile number via Text or by voice call. (Don’t close the page yet). Select the option that works best for you and click the Send Text Message or Call Me button to submit the request.
When you have received the verification code, insert the code into the box provided by Google to verify it is you then enter a new password ***** test login.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did I not mention it's my Facebook account I need to get into not my Gmail and Facebook account is under AOL it sends me email but doesn't come in

Thank you for the clarification - there is no mention of Facebook or AOL on my screen.

Now that I know, first check your Spam folder in your AOL email account as the password ***** email may have ended up in that folder.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing in spam folder

Are you accessing your email through a web browser?

If so, what is the name of the web browser (such as Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I downloaded AOL app because I dont use aol anymore except for Facebook I need to change that

Ok so just to clarify, you need to change your Facebook settings by replacing your AOL email with another email address?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this isn't still costing me more correct

That is correct.

So next do the following:

Login to Facebook.

Click in the top right corner of Facebook and select Settings.

Click Contact in the General tab.

Click Add Another Email or Mobile Number and add a new email to your account.

Then click Remove to delete the AOL email from your account.

Then double check while you are still logged in to ensure that the new email is entered by backing out of settings, then going back into settings and checking to see if the new email is there and the old (AOL) email is gone.

Click Add or Save Changes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
getting chargedon top of what I paid yesterday even though problem not solved????

As I mentioned above, as far as I know there are know additional charges. However, just to make sure you can click the customer service link on your screen and the Just Answer customer service team can answer your questions regarding charges.

As for solving the problem, if you follow the instructions I have provided above, that should resolve the issue by replacing the AOL email you want to remove with another email that you want to replace the AOL email.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. I did it and it is still asking for my forgotten password ***** security purposes if I remembered it we would not be having this conversation not your fault i know it's my stupidity but they should make other ways to change password *****

What happens when you try to reset your Facebook password?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It asked for my old password ***** I forgot I'm starting to think I'm not gonna fix this. David see what else you can do if not just gonna have to take the lost

Is the web page at the link below the one you are using to try resetting your Facebook password?

click here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's what I have been doing I dont get the 6 digit code they send to aol mail not in spam or folders

When it sends the code, what message is displayed on the web page?

Do you have another AOL email account, even an old one that is similar?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No that's the only one

Are you still receiving notifications from Facebook sent to that email account even though you cannot login? Or do you receive Facebook notifications another way?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still have the account active on my tablet

Ok, thanks.

Is your tablet an iPad or another model?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Galaxy slate 8 tablet

So just to clarify, the Facebook app on your tablet is configured to auto-login to Facebook, correct?

If so, have you tried to reset the password ***** a security question instead?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Dont remember if I have security question

Ok then when you say that the Facebook account is still active on your tablet, does that mean you can still access your Facebook account through the Facebook app or through a web browser on your tablet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Facebook app

Ok, then I am going to open up your question to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my problem still isn't solved how do i get refunded
David L
David L
David L, Systems Engineer