My lenova yoga pro 3 keeps freezing up. I have tried

My lenova yoga pro...

My lenova yoga pro 3 keeps freezing up. I have tried everything. I learned on an online forum that there was a recall on these laptops because of problems with hardware. how do I check to see if i'm part o that recall and/or eligible for getting it fixed

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

It has been having this problem since last spring.i updated all drivers yesterday. ran mcaffee etc. no luck

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I can check that for you with the serial number.
What is the serial number please?
It locked up while I was waiting give me a second to get it. Where is it on my laptop?
Happy Spring!
I should be around this afternoon. I'm home now which is off Price Run as you head 60 toward Caldwell. Don't mind meeting at shop either if they have a time I can head that way. Tomorrow I work a long day, but can bring it to work if they would like to stop by the office I am at Seneca Trail Animal Hospital. I can make either work just let me know what's the most convenience for you guys.
Sorry cut and pasted something in by mistake
The should be a label on bottom of the laptop.
706bfe94b82a4bbc9aa787e6bc3cf368
That is device id
In system settings
Is that what you want? There is nothing on the bottom
Okay, we will need the serial number from the label if possible.
You can also click on the blue link below and download Service Bridge.
I’ll have to get it to let me back on hold up
I’m boooting it back up
When I tipped up to look underneath it froze

Okay, try opening the link on the lenovo.

I will if it ever comes back on
It froze again
PF0CQJ5T
that is the serial number

Okay thank you.

Status:

Expired

5/12/2015

4/12/2017

0 days remaining

Description:

This product has a 2 year limited warranty which includes a LenovoCare warranty upgrade.

I know that the question was about the recall. certain models were recalled and the warranty extended/fixed laptop anyway

Have you tried re-installing the operating system?

No. I am an attorney and I cant really lose the time or risk the data. Do you know anything about the recall?
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

need help with this still?

when it freezes, you can't move the mouse and nothing on keyboard works?

go to start menu > search msconfig.exe and open it > go to boot tab > select safe and network
click ok and restart

test and see if it freezes in this state

Ok I will. I’m outside now. I gave up

ok

I am doing that and now it won’t let me into the laptop with my password
Now I’m literally locked out of my own laptop
I worked around it and used an old password

did you have some other login setup presides a password?

I used an old one and got in. I can’t get online in safe mode?
Adobe runs fine. Office won’t open.

did you make sure you selected safe and network?

What else should I try?

how long did it take to freeze before?

It has trouble online a lot

you still can't get online to any website using Internet Explorer or Edge?

It’s happy in safe mode just can’t. Get online
I’ll try again
Omni and trouble shoot won’t work

somethings may not work in safe mode

No network diagnostics in safe mode

uncheck safe boot > go to services tab > hide all microsoft services > disable everything else and reboot

You mean hit disable all?

yes

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Doing so now
Ok
I did the remote connect bit
Good luck!
are you working on it now secure remote?

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/ybr739ka
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

Ok it froze up give me a second

does it just freeze up when you plug the power cable in or move it around?

it's bee on for like 3-4 hours, only time it froze up was when you plugged power in

it does
again I read online that there was a recall for that issue because of a flaw with internal hardware
Here is an old post that may be relevant https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Freezes-when-moved/m-p/3431585#M44119
It is only completely still on rare occasion so I haven’t focused on the movement.

all signs point to that, I think it will need to be shipped back to Lenovo to get that corrected

Ok so is there a way to check if it’s subject to the recall? That’s where I started and never got an answer. Do you have a link where I can at least run the serial number
If no recall it would be about the same cost to just have someone local fix it without going through all of this troubleshooting

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht002608

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht504453

Altho I don't think these are for what you're referring to, the 2nd link lookup your serial number.

We got the number yesterday and it’s somewhere in our chat can you resend it
Never mind found it