I have bought a acer aspire 5532 from an auction. I have…

Customer Question
Hello I have bought...

Hello I have bought a acer aspire 5532 from an auction. I have pluged it in it says I need a boot disk to get everthing started. how do I get one or what can I do to get things working.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

Windows 7 is that what you need

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

I just got it home and pluged it in and it says I need a boot disk. That's all I can do so far

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Im not good at compuiters at all can you help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. It is possible that that laptop is missing a hard drive or no operating system is installed. To find out if it has a hard drive you can enter the BIOS or phsyically check for a hard drive.

To physically check for the hard drive, flip the laptop upside down. The battery should be at the top. Look on the right hand side for a door with two screws.

Remove the screws, and see if there is a hard drive installed. There might be a hard drive cover that you pull down and out. Also, you can go into the BIOS and look to see if a hard drive is detected.

To enter the BIOS, you keep pressing the F2 key as soon as you power on that laptop until you are taken into the BIOS. Another option is to try to peform a factory recovery. Perhaps there is a hard drive installed, but no operating system installed.

Power on that laptop and immediately hold down the ALT key. Keep holding down the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. Eventually, a "Starting Acer Erecovery" screen will open.

Choose "Restore system to factory default". If your Acer laptop is missing the hard drive then you won't be able to perform a factory recovery. You can check out this Acer Aspire 5532 hard drive replacement video.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with any of those steps.

Thanks,

Aaron