I have something running in the background that is impeding…

I have something running...

I have something running in the background that is impeding everything. Just keeps flashing. I’ve looked on task manager and nothing stands out. I suspect it is a windows installer or Norton but don’t know for sure. I have rebooted - twice. I have very little installed on this PC.

Technician's Assistant: Which Norton product do you have?

Norton Internet Security version 22.11

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Norton software?

I’ve looked at the settings and they seem reasonable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of. Thanks

3/18/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
It is not this computer

go here on other computer

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/just2225
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

Sorry, it is not letting me type anything
Anyway I can give you the IP address

no that wont work

you can't type on the other computer?

do you have a flash drive you can save the file to?

No flash drive on an IPad

are you logged in on other computer can you move the mouse or do anything?

i can move the mouse but can't type more than A character because of whatever is running

try this

go to start menu > search msconfig.exe and open it > go to boot tab > select safe and network
click ok and restart

I see safe boot. Will choose that and restart

make sure network is checked as well

No network issues that i am aware of. I am on but now can't open IE
Opening chrome

ok

I am trying put un the url but chrome keeps taking me to pdf converter

click ok and restart

make sure safe and network are both selected

I did that. both sure safe and network were selected

you can't browse to any website?

Norton safe brose is on for chrome. I think I need to turn that off.
IE doesn't work
Restarting again

ok

Chrome will not let me enter the url - just takes me to a Pdf converter. How can I get IE to work in safe mode?

you have a smartphone you can take a picture of what you're seeing?

but it is not letting me add files. When I try to open IE it says Microsoft Edge can't be opened using built in administrator account
This only happens in safe mode

use chrome, can you take a picture of that?

Add files doesn't work to send you a picture. I am putting in https://tinyurl.com/just2225
The website under tinyurl is www.convertpdfsnow.com
Okay, just got into secure remote

can you open the file now?

Sorry, what file?

you got to the site > click I agree > it'll download Elsinore file in bottom left of chrome window

Can you get into my computer now?
I used the new url you set me in chrome on the computer with issues

no, did you open the file that it downloaded?

accepted

it'll download file in bottom left corner of Chrome, click on it

Got it - launching
We lost the connection but it appears fixed. It must have been one of the services you turned off
Are you still there, Cody?

yes

awesome, great to hear!

Thank you!