Windows updated and would not load, and now the laptop is…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, Windows updated...

Hi Pearl, Windows updated and would not load, and now the laptop is doing everything it should not. its crashing on start up too

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and version of Windows of your laptop?

Dell I5 andwindows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your I5? Have you installed any updates recently?

The most recent has been loading for the last week or so, causing trouble on the OS.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

We loaded a paid version of Avast and Avast cleanup, in an effort to see if we could resolvethe issue, to noavail.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/18/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button. Press and hold the power button (while holding the Shift key) till the gets turned OFF, Then, release the power button and press it again to restart the computer. Release the Shit key when it turns ON.

Note : If you do not get the options, restart it again. Press and hold the power button before it boots to Windows. Try it for three times.

The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot. Go to Troubleshoot.

Then, click or tap Advanced Options.

Now you have access to several system recovery tools. Choose System Restore in order to start it. It should be the first on the list.

Windows takes some time to prepare System Restore. It may even restart your computer or device. When System Restore is ready, you are asked to choose a user account to continue. Select an account that is set as administrator on your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 computer or device.

You are asked to enter the password ***** that account. Please pay attention to the fact that Windows shows you the keyboard layout it is using. If you need to change it, press “Change keyboard layout” and select another one. When ready, type the password ***** the appropriate field and press Continue.

System Restore is now started and you can use it to revert Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 to a previously working state. Choose an earlier date and follow the instructions.

If the issue persists, we will try Resetting the PC.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Sorry I thought this wasMicrcare site.

I apologize that we are not associated to Microsoft. Since the you are using a Dell computer Microsoft will not support your computer. And if the computer is out of warranty, you have to pay more to Dell for supporting your computer.

Thank you.

The Dell tests clear with Dell. THE PROBLEM WAS WHEN WINDOWS UPDATED.

Even if it is with Windows, Microsoft will not help you because you are using an OEM computer, so that you have to contact Dell.

Thank you.

Never mind. I will lose what I have paid. ($5.00) and continue trying to get MicrosoftNever mind. I will lose what Ihave just paid ($50

Can I help you further with the issue?

Thank you.

can we have a refund monies tough enough in South Africa.
No Microsoft fixed our issue. We need a refund for our payment yesterday to your company Shefin.
This is the payment we made to you yesterday

I will let JustAnswer's Customer Care team know and they will be in touch. You do not have to worry about the refund.

Thank you.

Microsoft DID solve our problem we only saw our mistake when your company asked for our cell number and it wouldn't let us change +1 to +27 SA's country code.
Thank you so much Shefin