Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My computer was hacked and they deleted most of my programs

my computer was hacked and they deleted most of my programs and most of the Acer program, I have the
JA: What Acer product do you have?
Customer: recovery tapes but am not sure how to use them.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Acer product?
Customer: Not much besides installing some of my software. Panda Security looked it over but didnt mention the acer programs missing so I don;t know why its missing . The only program from Acer is the explore option,'
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: I think aall the apps are in the computer but cant find a way to get them back. Acer had a backkukp feature so I thought that would help.
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: I have a few successes and oters not so much. For instance Microsoft Office just wont load. I need Quicken but can't find it .
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know how to get all the apps that show up on the control panel as being on my computer.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Which version of windows are you using?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Richard, My apologies, I was called away with a family emergency and am just now getting back to you.

No problem

Which version of windows are you using?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Microsoft 10

Ok, if you click start then type in an app name, does the app show up?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
on the starrt panel,all the apps are there, just open and nothing. By the way, this big ad between us is hindering me.

sorry I do not understand your response...

You say the apps are there and open?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
with a blank page

Right click the icon and choose open file location

Does it show you the file?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is really strange, I jiust fouind Microsoft Office back on the start menu and it started to load.

Good, now try other apps please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its trying to load Excel but it stops midway .

Is it giving an error?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
fatal error diuring installation. Problem with shortcut. But is was from the start menu

ok, than do the following please

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, I will print this out and begin. Thanks so far.Sarah

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I’m sorry, I was so tired that I put it down. Every thing I tried I got the same message. I took screen shots
To send to you. I am on my iPad now but will s end them in the morning.