I have a program that initiates at startup and then hangs…

I have a program...

I have a program that initiates at startup and then hangs up. It is labeled "ofpyho". If you click on it a window pops up labeled a Microsoft. What is it and how do you get rid of it?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I'm running windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have?

64 bit

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for a couple of months. At first it loaded on startup so briefly that I was never able to identify it. now it hangs up. I have screen shot of it.

3/18/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

press ctrl alt delete > open task manager > go to startup tab > anything related to that program in here?

right click on it and choose disable

Nothing directly relate to ofpyho

can you restart and take a screenshot of the message that appears?

download this program https://download.sysinternals.com/files/Autoruns.zip

go to the startup tab and look for that file path xijiku and delete it

I don't see xijiku. I do see ofpyho. should I delete?

yes

I deleted it . What is it?

prob something related to malware

OK, thanks signing off

yw!

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator