Forgot password and Spotify reset password e-mail has been…

Customer Question
Forgot password ***** Spotify...

Forgot password ***** Spotify reset password ***** has been blocked. Can Spotify send reset password ***** mobile?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Logged into e-mail but Spotify e-mail has been blocked as possible spam and I can’t access spam folder

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not sure. Mobile#: 1(###) ###-####

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/18/2018
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. What email service are you using? Is it AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook or something else?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Outlook
Waiting for response

Thank you. Please understand that there is often a slight delay between the time that response is sent and the time that the other party receives it. Also, it takes a moment to type up my responses.

Do you have an outlook.com email address or are you using the Microsoft Office Outlook program to manage your email?

Don’t know. Please text Reset Password ***** my Mobile

I'm sorry but I am unable to do that. What I can do is help you to access the message that is being blocked. What is the last part of your email address ( the part after the @ sign?)

cmgl.ca

Thank you. Please give me a moment to research our options.

This is taking too long.
Recommend Spotify rethink their decision not to provide telephone support
Signing off

I'm sorry but this appears to be a business email account. I won't be able to help you with that. You would have to contact your IT department for help in blocking the mail from Spotify.

Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will try to assist you today with your email. This doesnt seem to be a password ***** to log into email if you can still access it, but not spam.

You stated you are using that address in Outlook, but the spam is blocked. I am not sure what that means.

How is spam folder 'blocked'?

Is it outlook.com or a paid version of outlook? (if paid, what version)

Are you able to log into the email server at cmgl.ca that way and review those emails?

Please update so i can close this issue out or continue your troubleshooting.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Spotify should provide text option to reset password; preferable method for majority of users

They do. But, you said where it is being sent is 'blocked'. We need to be able for you to get to that blocked email/spam and find out why it is being blocked to get the reset link.

As indicated in previous messages, request that Spotify send Reset password ***** text to mobile rather than via e-mail

Im sorry, you said you had it sent to email but it was blocked.

They will only reset with the backup you put in and their policy.

You will need the email or you could possibly log in with your facebook too:

https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/

Please also review this link:

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_basics/change-password/

and

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Can-t-log-in-or-change-password/m-p/1182975#M162407

Please advise.

Please answer my question: will Spotify send password ***** via text message to my mobile,just yes or no. Thank you

I sent you all the ways to contact them and said "They will only reset with the backup you put in and their policy". This means only email.

I would try to login with facebook if i were you as a last resort if you have spotify and facebook on that phone to see if it works.

Once in, you can reset your backups.

You can go here for a refund or call customer service if you decide to discontinue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

customer service:
US / Canada 1-***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

If you decide that you want to continue after you 'compare' tech support costs/ease of access or feel you need to continue here, just reply with the answers previously asked.

Have a great day!
Franklin