My computer went down thursday and it keeps trying to reboot…

My computer went down...

My computer went down thursday and it keeps trying to reboot will not reboot on windows normally have to keep in safe mode?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Desk top computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and version of Windows of your laptop?

Windows 7 home premium

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Was on the phone with microsoft on friday at 5. oo he gave me a call reference then hungup(###) ###-####

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Desk top compter
3/18/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Are you able to get the computer to boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" This will give you safe mode, plus the ability to browse the internet.
If you can get into normal safe mode, you should be able to boot to "safe mode with networking"
This would give us the option to start a remote session and I can see what is going on from your end.

Also have any new devices been plugged into the computer recently. Things like a phone, printer, new hardware, etc? This can sometimes effect startup.

Let me know the answers to the questions above, as well as if you would like to start a remote session together.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Lg windows home 7

Thank you, ***** ***** the link to remote assistance. Please download/run this on the machine and I will be connected in with you.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1e40a07b-96c6-459d-9dc6-727858fd35bb

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
for some reason cant connect windows normally will only work in safe mode

Ok, then once you boot into safe mode with networking, we can establish the remote connection.
If you dont see the option for Safe Mode with Networking, use these steps to get to that advanced option:

1. Immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key in 1 second intervals.
  2. After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.
  3. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and press ENTER.
  4. Then you can start the remote session from there using the link I provided.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can go to safer mode with networking n
nothing new has been added recently
will try restarting now with safe mode networking

Perfect, thanks. I am standing by in the remote session.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am up again now go ahead
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
let me know when you are on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you on yet

I don't see you in the remote session. I ended the session, and started a new one. Please close all windows, and open this link in a new browser window. Follow the steps to download/run this on the machine.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d2efc294-c6c5-401e-9bbc-5cabd53851d9

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i see you elsinore.screenco ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you on?

Let me know the results from the restore. It may take some time, but should reboot and display a message when it is finished. Either being successful or failed.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has come back properly the restore worked
Thanks

Great, that's good to hear. You should be all set now. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. Enjoy your week!

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer