I can no longer get into my email address of as I cannot…

Customer Question
Hello i can...

Hello i can no longer get into my email address of***@******.*** as I cannot remember my password i seem to be blo ked at every turn

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes I wzs logged on my Ipad which has suffered damage and is difficult to access

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have my phone number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/18/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today.

Please follow these steps below. Also please let me know if you have any issues with these steps. We can troubleshoot further if needed. But, there are the official steps for resetting a forgotten gmail account.

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:
    • have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or
    • have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.
  2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.
  3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.
  4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or
  2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:
    • If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.
    • Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):
      • Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:
        1. An SMS text message received from Google;
        2. An app (e.g. Google Authenticator); or
        3. Printed back-up codes.
      • Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.
    • A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:
      • You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.​
    • A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:
      • Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.
      • You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.
    • A security question for Gmail password *****:
      • Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.
    • When you set up the account:
      • Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.
    • If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass.

Once you have established yourself as your account's owner using any of the – and usually multiple – steps above, Gmail will log you in to the account. If, for security reasons, you do want to change your password, follow the Change password link.

If you would like remote assistance with this, we also offer that feature. Let me know and I can send over the link.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie