I enter my password and it tells me it is incorrect. I have…

Customer Question
I enter my password...

I enter my password ***** it tells me it is incorrect. I have used the same password ***** times before. I want to reset my password, can you help!

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

HP notebook windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

RTL8188EE

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not. I have not been able to log in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to be able to get my computer back, I would appreciate any help, Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
I can't find my password ***** I purchased this notebook in 2015
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Since you are not able to log in to the computer you need assistance with, remote assistance will not be possible. Have you attempted to reset your password ***** the Microsoft web site?

No I didn't know I could go to microsoft. How do I proceed?

Try this LINK and let me know if this works for you.

Were you able to reset your password ***** that link?

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a nice day!

I reset my Microsoft password, but why doesn't it work on my laptop?

When you login, what username are you using?

primo lucero

Have you ever used your email address as your login?

Do I need to change my username iit is different than Microsoft.

Probably not. Windows 10 allows you two ways to log in. Either by using a local login or by using a Microsoft cloud login. The cloud login would require your email address as your username.

Does your laptop have a CD player?

how can I get the cloud login? I can't even click on the Microsoft icon

You would have needed to have set that up at the time you first setup your computer. If you are not using a Microsoft account, then you will need a password ***** disc. Since you didn't create one you will need to purchase one.

You can purchase one at this LINK.

I need it right away. On my laptop I press reset password ***** it says I need a USB flash drive, is that correct ?

You can either use a flash drive or CD. Either one will work.

How can I retrieve my password *****? It shows,
Password *****: me?

When you see the reset password, it is asking for the password ***** that you could have made when you first setup your computer. Since you don't have that, you will need to purchase one like the one at the link I sent. If your password ***** is me, then I would think it would be something related to you?

Can I get one at best buy or Walmart?You were alot of help. I think I was hacked for that to happen

No I'm sorry you can only order it on line.

Do they have next day?

Yes they do.