I have Windows 10; use Open Office; do not do any of the…

Customer Question
I have Windows 10...

I have Windows 10; use Open Office; do not do any of the social media; have had for the last couple of weeks a window sliding in from the lower right side/screen saying -"scan to computer is no longer activated" - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I have Win10; use Open Office; do not do any social media; have had for the last couple/weeks a window sliding in from the lower right side of my screen saying- "scan to computer is no longer activated" it appears about 10-20 times a day! HOW DO I GET RID OF IT? HELP LEASE Dick R

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand and model of your computer?

HP Pavilion

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi there! Sounds like you must have an HP printer hooked up. To disable this pop-up:

Right click an empty area of the Taskbar (at the bottom of your Windows desktop screen) and select Task Manager.

In the Task Manager window, click on 'More details' near the bottom left.

Select the Start-up tab, then left click the entry ScanToPCActivationApp just once to highlight it.

Click the 'Disable' button in the bottom right of the window.

Close Task Manager and then restart the notebook for this change to take effect.

Hope that helps! :-)

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!

Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago