My laptop say says no DNS server is responding can you help…

My laptop say says...

My laptop say says no DNS server is responding can you help me? I have windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Gateway NV54

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your NV54? Have you installed any updates recently?

No because I use this laptop mostly for my sewing machine which I have to have windows 7 for

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just added my printer to it

3/17/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once shut down your computer and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done.

When I went to shut it down it’s installing update 1 of 1 this will take a few moments

Okay, let me know when it finishes.

Do you think that maybe where I’m not connected to the Internet it’s not installing the update? It shouldn’t take this long for 1 program

Kindly wait or else you can force restart your computer.

I’ll wait until you tell me otherwise

Wait for at least 10 minutes if it's still the same then you can try to reboot the computer again.

But in my experience the update itself should fix the issue if not we may try assigning manual DNS address.

But will wait for now.

The computer just shut down. I’ll try to reboot

Great.

Still saying no internet service

Kindly wait for a couple of minutes.

Or rather internet connection

How is the computer connected to your router is it through WiFi?

Router

I mean is there a cable running from the computer to the router?

Or is it connected through the WiFi?

My 2 iPads are working fine
Cable
  1. Go to the Control Panel.
  2. Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
  3. Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:

• To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection > Properties.

If you are prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.

4. Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then properties.

5. Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
  8. Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:

• For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.

Did you try that?

Thank you with your help I found the right connection! �� I’m back on line and now I know where to look thank you once again!

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating.
And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.
You can also directly write back to me
https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/
I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

Suhasini Velu