I think my computer was hacked. I called a supposedly google…

Customer Question
I think my computer...

I think my computer was hacked. I called a supposedly google support number for help 2 days ago and they had me to let them go into my computer online to see what was going on. They entered my account and went to my pictures and begin to scroll down my pictures. I was told that my pictures and computer had been hacked. However, they were the ones that were the hackers. Ever since that I disconnected my computer to try to stop the action but I think it was too late. My pictures are now blurred and I don't know if my google account has been jeopardized. How can I get help?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My desktop computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

I am on my Samsung tablet right now. But I carried the desktop to be reset, but now my accounts icons are appearing blurred.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I did on my Samsung note 8

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That I just want to know if my google account is at risk

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question. All I ask in return is that you please give me a 5 star excellent rating.

change your google password *****

it seems unlikely that they "blurred" your photos. But they might have changed a setting for the resolution it is displayed in

i would recommend doing a system restore to a time before they got in. then check that your google security options like phone number and alternate email are correct. then change your google password

System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10

hold the windows logo key and hit R
in the box that appears type

rstrui.exe

hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settings box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.