Trying to reset home computer. two user profiles. My

Customer Question
Trying to reset home...

Trying to reset home computer. two user profiles. My administrator identity safe is active on other user profile. How do I change to the correct ID Safe?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP Envy running Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Since spring creators update trashed everything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
8 minutes? seriously!
3/17/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Envy. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Can you define reset?

To a previous point? Factory restore? Restall windows without affecting files?

What do you mean safely change ID?

do you know the password ***** for each account?

Reinstall windows without affecting files. I know passwords for both accounts. The one I cannot find was backed up to Norton cloud.

I am still not sure what you mean. What do you mean the one you cannot find?

Please keep in mind i cannot see what you see. Please clarify what you want to do and what you are looking for?

When I set up the second user profile in IE 11, my id safe is there, not the id safe that should be connected with the user. How do I change the ID vault to the correct one? I have tried to connect to Norton using the user name and correct password ***** no avail.

Which browser are you using and to be clear, you are referring to Identity Safe by Norton.

It is showing you the wrong login or are you saying you cannot log into the right one?

Please look at I SEE INCORRECT PASSWORD (second link on this page) and follow those instructions to get your

correct id/password. If not, you can delete it with that page and set up the correct one as well.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v119207721_EndUserProfile_en_us

If you run into issues with that, please review this article for missing/activate toolbar.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v58055475_EndUserProfile_en_us

Let me know results.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I have been through all these basics multiple times with no results. Obviously the idea is to force me to sign my computer over to you to play with for $39. Norton is not worth it! Thanks for nothing!

No problem. I am a tech, so i cannot see that side of your account.

You can go here for a refund or call customer service if you decide to discontinue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

customer service:
US / Canada 1-***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

If you decide that you want to continue after you 'compare' tech support costs/ease of access or feel you need to continue here, just reply with the answers previously asked.

Have a great day!
Franklin