My tablet on my surface pro 3 screen is broken and no longer…

Customer Question
My tablet on my...

My tablet on my surface pro 3 screen is broken and no longer has the touch screen capability. Will work through the keyboard. Will replacing the screen solve the problem. Or do I need to replace entire screen unit?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Surface Pro?

3-4 Years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Surface Pro?

I haven’t...everything works great other than having the ability to use the touchscreen tablet separate from the keyboard.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/17/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

If you have the screen repaired by Microsoft or a certified third-party, this would resolve the issues with touch. FYI, the cost depends on which model device you have; in your case, the cost is $310 -- expensive, but much less than buying a new device!

To start the repair process, you can submit a service request at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!