We have a D-VR3SU DVD recorder-VCR that has decided not to…

We have a D-VR3SU...

We have a D-VR3SU DVD recorder-VCR that has decided not to load DVD's. It doesn't even recognize discs that we viewed part of the evening before. It was purchased 10/4/04. Has it given up the ghost or is there something I can do to get it back into service?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

It is a Toshiba bought 1-/4/04.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba media player?

Connections are fine. The issue is in the player itself. A disc played last night but left in over night not won't load.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

I did have some compressed air, and it worked--at least for now. Will get a cleaner disc for future use. Thanks.

Great! Glad that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Systems Manager