I have had a google account since 2008. At some point,

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a google account since 2008. At some point, someone hijacked my google account. The phone number was changed, and the password ***** too. I did not use it much and I tried to get my account back but was unsuccessful. Now, though, I need to straighten things out because I want to use to use google docs. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

I don’t remember. The phone number that shows now (the last two numbers) is not one I know. It was 8 or 10 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No. I downloaded google docs onto my iPad. I don’t know anything about factory reset. I only recently got a smartphone. Do you mean resetting a smartphone?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried the forgot password ***** but hit a snag when it asked for my phone number.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/17/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried recovering your Google account at: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery ?

I could not proceed because they asked for my telephone number for verification and it had been changed.
No, I do not wish to securely connect.
Is this the end of my interaction with an expert?

Thanks for getting back to me.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site and not by me.

Did you try any other other recover options, e.g. email verification?