Second opinion] i would like to uninstall windows 7 service…

Second opinion] i would...

Second opinion] i would like to uninstall windows 7 service pack 1 so i can reload win7 without losing all my programs.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 7 home premium

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Hp model p6340f

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Quite a while.tried to uninstall using windows update but it does not work.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/17/2018
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can do this from Programs & Features in the Control Panel - click on the "View installed updates" link and select the Service Pack update, then right-click on it and select "Uninstall".

If the service pack is listed but grayed out, then you can't uninstall it.

If it is not grayed out but still won't uninstall then you can try using the Command Prompt to uninstall it:

1. Click the Start button, and then, in the search box, type Command Prompt.

2. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.

3. Type the following: wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:976932 (or whatever the kb number of your SP1 installation is)

4. Press the Enter key.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Tried command prompt.did not work.

Are you getting any other error messages?

no
What do i have to do now?

I will check with the other experts on this one...

ok.
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi - this is Russell H., Expert with JustAnswer. There are other ways of doing that task.

Do you have a Windows 7 install disk, with a Microsoft logo hologram on it? if so, then you can boot up off that disk and do a Repair on your system, I think.

But that must be done carefully, if you choose the wrong option, all files on your computer might be deleted. And I am not sure that your programs will still be installed that way.

What is wrong with the system? there my be other less destructive and risky ways to go about the task. For instance:

open Command Prompt

enter this command:

sfc /scannow

and press the RETURN or ENTER key on your keyboard, once.

Let it run for a half hour or so, leaving the system alone meanwhile.

If that does not fix the system, there are other things to try too... that will not uninstall your programs.

I ran the command prompt sfc/scannow.I got the following response.
windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.details are included in the cbs.log windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log
for example c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

Right. That message does come up sometimes.

Restart the system. Does it work better, are any faults in it better?

If 'no', then what faults still persist?

I do have a windows 7 install disk but to do a repair service pack 1 must be removed.I still need to uninstall service pack 1.

Right. How about a System Restore? that might get you back before SP1. But when was SP1 installed originally? if over 8 months ago, chances are poor of that working well...

System restore does not work any more either.sp1 was installed in july 2017.over the past years i have used the win7 disk to repair and reinstall win7 but first had to uninstall sp1.for some reason microsoft will now not let me uninstall sp1.

That's puzzling. Have you changed your security software since the last time it (removing SP1) worked OK?

might have.its been a while.

The security software might be the one thing you do need to remove/uninstall, while offline of course and not connected to other computers nor connected to internet, in order for it to work properly.

Be sure, of course, to have means of reinstalling it! e.g. install source or download saved to flash drive, and also a install key, registration key, etc... get that from email before uninstalling it, so as not to have to do so afterward with the security not present, if you see how that would be a good idea.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

do you think security software might be stopping me from uninstalling sp1?should i temporarily uninstall any security software?

Yes! that's the idea. But again:

ok.i will try that and let you know if it works.

OK. Good luck!

Tried that.no change.Still need to uninstall sp1.

How many methods of removing or reversing SP1 have you tried? the Windows Update method presumably?

And even if so - try reversing other more recent Windows updates, esp. the ones that came since the last time this reversal of SP1 worked. They, or one of them, may be blocking SP1's removal somehow.

Robert M., Consultant

Have you removed updates from AFTER sp1?

Like sp2

I doubt it would remove sp1 if there are further updates built on it unless you removed those first

Still need to uninstall sp1
In past years i have been able to reload win7 from my dvd using the upgrade procedure after uninstalling sp1.Never had a problam uninstalling sp1.Still have the same computer.It looks like microsoft has done something to prevent this!
i dont have sp2

i would still remove every update after sp1

or you can format the drive first

or there used to be a way to combine the install dvd with newer service packs though i dont remember exactly how.

I have a program called 360 total security which seems to interfere with some things .I am not able to uninstall it.can you connect to my computer to help get rid of it?

I can try.

But I won't guarantee that the sp1 can be removed or the windows reinstalled.

for that price I will Uninstall the 360 total security

Robert M., Consultant

My number is ***** the secure section

Give me a call around noon CST and I will get you a remote link

this is the link for the remote

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f2473f90-b386-4b1a-ba84-d6362026f9b3

click on it and hit agree and it will download a program called elsinore screen connect you have to RUN THAT program