I am currently updating an old Toshiba Laptop that I have…

Customer Question
Hi I am currently...

Hi I am currently updating an old Toshiba Laptop that I have not used for years. How ca I change from touch pad to mouse .Regards Maggie

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

Satellite and I am updating to Windows10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not used the laptop for years. Have just connected to Internet and am currently updating to Microsoft10. Have not treid anything else

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No - I just want to know how to use a mouse instead of the touch pad. The mouse I have is Logitech M185. I have changed the battery and it does not appear to have any connecting device. It too would be old

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/17/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 4 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

have you tried diff usb ports?

to disable touchpad double tap the upper left corner of touchpad

I am very old and not very computer literate so might be best if you could do it - but I don't know what additional information you will need to connect to my Lap top. Regards Maggie
No I do not want to pay an extra fee. Maybe just give me a point by point description of what I have to do and I will try & do it myself
are you still dealing with this
Have not heard from you for 20 mins+ . What is happening,

go to start menu > search device manager > expand mouse > right click on anything under here and choose uninstall/delete and then restart