My email is. I got a new Samsung pro 9+ today and they reset…

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** my email is***@******.***. I got a new Samsung pro 9+ today and they reset my new phone before I got a chance to my settings on my old phone with my new number. I can’t get into my email at all and I need to get in it my plane tickets and hotel info is in. I need help.my recovery number was a old number and all I can tell you is it was a 757 area code or my other old phone 394 area code. I never updated my number from my Samsung 8 when I had it. I’ve try everything but I’m locked out and I need my airplane tickets and rental car plus hotel info for San Diego California. Please help me

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No sir they logged me out at us cellular earlier today

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes grand daughters bake is Jerin Kate my recovery email is***@******.*** but I don’t have that account either I closed it out and never used it only***@******.*** is all iuse

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just please help me get my email I need my tickets and etc

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/17/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 1 month ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Do you know the password ***** the Gmail account? If you do, then we can set the gmail account up on your new phone using these settings. Otherwise we will need to reset the forgotten gmail password ***** the steps below the email setup. Then you can use the gmail setup steps to set the account up. Please let me know if you would like to do a remote session and I can guide you through this as well. There is an added fee charge for remote support, so if you are comfortable with doing the chat troubleshooting we can continue like this as well. But, here are all the steps you need to accomplish this:

Setup Gmail account on phone (if you know current gmail password):

1. From the Home Screen choose Apps.

2. Choose Settings.

3. Choose Accounts.

4. Choose Add account.

5. Choose Email.

6. Enter your email address and password, then tap NEXT

Note: if you are having trouble connecting, you may need to use the Manual Setup option. Please let me know and I can provide you with those advanced settings.

Recover a Forgotten Gmail Password:

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:
    • have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or
    • have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.
  2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.
  3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.
  4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or
  2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:
    • If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.
    • Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):
      • Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:
        1. An SMS text message received from Google;
        2. An app (e.g. Google Authenticator); or
        3. Printed back-up codes.
      • Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.
    • A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:
      • You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.​
    • A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:
      • Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.
      • You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.
    • A security question for Gmail password *****:
      • Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.
    • When you set up the account:
      • Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.
    • If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass.

Once you have established yourself as your account's owner using any of the – and usually multiple – steps above, Gmail will log you in to the account. If, for security reasons, you do want to change your password, follow the Changepassword link.

Please let me know if you would like remote support, or if you are comfortable doing these tasks.

If this helps, please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer