I had this laptop for over a year and i did order the

Customer Question
I had this laptop...

I had this laptop for over a year and i did order the warranty for it. i bought this for my daughter. when she taps internet explorer, it says its not class register

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell touch screeen

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

Its stuck on 97% update for a while

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I can tell ya i go online maybe twice a month and its not allowing to pull up my stuff from little window icon on bottom lelft corner

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/17/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Just to clarify, is the issue that updates are not completely installing?

If so then next do the following:

First, click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

cmd

in the Search box then right click on the command prompt icon and click Run

as Administrator.

On the command prompt type:

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter then when prompted to run the scan on reboot press the Y key

then press Enter. Then reboot, let it scan and fix errors, and boot up.

Next open the command prompt again using Run as Administrator then type the

following command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and let it scan and fix corruption. Once it completes, reboot the computer.

following command:

sfc /scannow

and press Enter and let it scan and fix corruption. Then reboot the

computer.

Test to see if the issue is resolved and let me know the result.