I have aPanda 2015 lifetime license. I had problems with my…

I have aPanda...

I have aPanda 2015 lifetime license. I had problems with my computer and did a safe start. Now Panda seems to have been deleted. When I try to open it nothing happens. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Don't know the brand but I have windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Today. I have tried restarting and refreshing but Panda doesn't open when I click on it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I mainly wish to know how I can reload Panda so it is active. I have an activation code and a client number but that is all.

3/17/2018
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. If you booted your computer into safe mode than sometimes antivirus software is disabled, when running windows in safe mode. You could try to boot your Windows 10 computer into normal mode.

If you already booted into normal mode and Panda is missing or not working properly, you could try one of two procedures. Right click the Windows 10 start icon and choose "Apps and Features". Look for your Panda software.

Select this software by clicking on it. Look to see if there is a repair option. Run a repair and see if that fixes your problem.

Another procedure you could try is performing a Windows system restore. A system restore will restore your Windows 10 operating system back to the date you choose. You want to pick a restore point before you were having problems with Panda.

Click on the "Cortana" search icon. Type in "System Restore" in a search box. Choose "Create a restore point".

You should have been taken to a window with "System Protection" tab selected. In this tab click on "System Restore...". Click "Next" on "Restore system files and settings".

Choose a restore point by clicking on one, then click "Next". Try to choose a restore point back to before you were having this problem. Click on "Finish" to confirm your restore point.

Windows 10 system restore will need to restart your computer and can take awhile to run. Eventually Windows 10 will boot normal. Hopefully, this will fix your problem with Panda.

If none of these fix your problem I can search for a Panda install download. I would need to know the exact version of Panda you purchased. Please let me know if you need any assistance with the previous steps.

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
Thanks Aaron. I had tried most of those steps. In the meantime I was able to connect to Panda. It took the guy 3 hours to sort the mess out. The main issue was the CPU was operating 99% which was stopping everything. He eventually was able to bring this down and uninstalled Panda and re-installed it. We have not idea why the issue arose but you are probably correct in that the safe mode somehow caused it.Regards. Glen Edwards