I received a call that my microsoft license is expired. I…

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call that my microsoft license is expired. I called there three times but they hang up on my the background noise is so loud it was hard to hear them. can you help with this. i didnp

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

MacOS high sierra 10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

I got call the my windows license was expired then I mission controlled found windows was off what do iI do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do i have to purchase another license?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this!

These phone calls are NOT legitimate. This is a scam that is going around right now where someone will call you and tell you that your Microsoft Windows license has expired and that it needs to be renewed. The whole thing just a ploy to get money from you.

When you purchase your computer you also purchase your Windows license, and that license is good for life. It never needs to be renewed.

Many people are receiving these calls right now, so you are not the only one. If you receive calls like this in the future, simply ignore them. It is 100% a scam and you definitely should not give these people any money.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.