Can the IP address be traced from Google Phone user? My

Customer Question
Can the IP address...

Can the IP address be traced from Google Phone user?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

My Question is can an IP address be identified by a Google Phone user? I am not the user!!!!! I use an IPhone 7s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

You have no idea what I am asking...please let a real IT Engineer answer my question

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

I see you've asked this question prior. Maybe it would help if you could explain exactly what is going on and what you are needing to know. The IP address of a phone is a bit tricky when it comes to identifying devices. The reason for this is because cell phones "hop" through different connections and can be given new ip addresses. Take for example having a cell phone nowadays. You have a home wifi which gives you one IP address, then you connect to your wireless phone provider on the way to work giving you another IP address, and finally at work you have a different IP address on the free wifi. Let's say you go out for coffee at Starbucks, well you are given an IP address from your carrier on the way to Starbucks and then one with Starbucks with their free wifi. You see, it's a bit complicated to explain because cell phones are unlike the devices in the past.

I see some mention in your history about a scam. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I want to know if there is a way to Identify IP Address and Location when the user communicates to me via Google Phone. Yes I have an IPhone but I could use any device to call the Google phone no. and keep them talking long enough to identify the scammers location.
There is nothing wrong with my device or IPhone. I AM TRYING TO FIND LOCATION OF SCAMMERS WHO GOT ME FOR 2500, WHAT IS IT ABOUT YOUR UNDERSTANDING....I WANT TO FIND OUT LOCATION OF SCAMMERS WHO USE GOOGLE PHONES!!!!

Sorry, I don't think I'll be much help to you. I'm going to opt out to let other experts jump in. You won't need to do anything.

Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I have been scammed so please answer my question....whether I am talking to a Google phone from an IPhone or a landline or from the MOON, can the Google phone IP address location be determined????????

Even with an IP address, you will not be able to locate the person.