I have a hp pavilion laptop. When powered on, I see the HP…

Customer Question
I have a hp...

I have a hp pavilion laptop. When powered on, I see the HP logo briefly but only have a black screen after it stops circling. Help!!!!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Have windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

Don't have one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried holding down the windows button and the letter b when powered off but it did not work.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good afternoon,

My name is Ugo.

1) remove any USB, CD or other attachments from your laptop

2) restart laptop (by using power button): turn off laptop, wait 30 seconds and turn on

Assuming above doesn't work, we'll need to go into safe mode and perform a system restore.

1) visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

2) scroll down and click the "from the sign-in screen" option and follow the directions

For system restore:

1) find the start menu (bottom left corner of your desktop screen)

2) choose settings > System

3) use the search, type "system restore"

4) choose the restore option and follow the prompts

5) after hitting "next" you should see a list of dates or restore points. You can pick the oldest date

If this works, I'm assuming that you or your system downloaded something which messed up your computers normal function.

If these steps don't work, please let me know and I can provide you more options. Thanks.

Tech Support Specialist: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 3 months ago

Did my solutions solve your problem ? If so, please rate me for this question.