Keep getting messages to upgrade and when i did last time, i…

Customer Question
Keep getting messages to...

Keep getting messages to upgrade and when i did last time, i ended up having to back up my system and still have not been able to regain my lost programs...i do not want windows 10 but dont really know what that is what the upgrade is for.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

HP I DONT SEE MODEL NUMBER

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

NO the last time i did it locked me out and my only alternative was to go back to factory settings which really sucked.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont want have to keep going back to factory settings,,,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

The upgrade is likely a Windows update. However, if you'd like, I can help you turn these off so you do not receive them anymore