I tried to start Turbotax 2017 and it isn't working. In past…

Customer Question
I tried to start...

I tried to start Turbotax 2017 and it isn't working. In past years it was easy.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Apple Mac OS high sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I just put the disc in and nothing happens.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please follow below steps to install Turbo Tax on your Mac.

1. Insert your CD into your Mac's CD/DVD drive or double-click your TurboTax download's .dmg file, which will mount a virtual drive on your desktop. The drive should automatically open.
  2. Follow the directions in the pop-up window to drag the red TurboTax "checkmark" icon to the Applications folder in the pop-up window.
    • Don't drag it outside the pop-up window to your existing Applications folder or anywhere else.

You're done! To open your program, double-click TurboTax in the Applications folder. Ensure that you are running the program from the Applications folder, not from the mounted virtual drive or CD.