I have a HP laptop and I don’t remember my sign in

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP laptop and I don’t remember my sign in password..how do I change the password. It won’ allow me to go past the signin point

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

I am very computer illiterate

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

No ..I haven’ Used it for a while

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I shut it down.. I changed my password ***** my iPad for Microsoft, but it didn’t work on th laptop

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Does the password ***** show your email as username?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It shows my married name Denise Shepard & asks for password...I can’t find model name...says intel pentium
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Obviously, I am sending this message via my iPad..how can you connect to my laptop?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can get into my laptop...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Repeat: I can’t get into my laptop..before you charge me $39 ...explain how you can get into my laptop if I can’t.

May I know from which device you are chatting with me now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sending from my iPad Air 2

Is there is anyway you can find the operating system of the computer? like Windows 8/7/10.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry don’t see how to do that.

I am sorry, Without the Windows version it will be very difficult. In this cases .In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I may be able to help you figure out how to reset the password, but id need to speak to you over the phone since you dont know the version of windows you have. If im successful t here will be a 39$ additional fee for the phone support.

Would you like to try that, or do you want to try and solve this through written communication alone?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No..I will try speaking to my daughter to help me..since my problem was not solved..I would like no charge for your services thus far, which I asked for previously..please send email stating no charge besides the $5 initial charge. If I had known there would be other charges I would not have engaged in your services. Since my problem was not resolved I want no further charges besides the $5 fee.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks...refund please..there was no solution to my problem.

Not a problem, here is the refund link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Andy, Computer Consultant