I have an Amazon echo and can't get it working without my…

I have an Amazon...

I have an Amazon echo and can't get it working without my router number, my router is a Cisco.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Yellow and a green one is flicking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, it is a linksys EA2700

3/16/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Do you mean you need the wifi password ***** code to join the echo to the network? Is that the code you need help finding?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
When I follow set up instrutions I get to a point where it asks me for my wifi router password

I see you accepted the system generated remote support offer. I just want to make sure you intended this and want remote support or if it was done in error. I would be happy to connect in and work on the problem. Reply and let me know and i can send you connection information. Otherwise, we can continue via messaging. Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

just get my echo connected to my computer

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded. Watch the top or bottom of your screen, depending on your browser, to run the program once the download complets.

Link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5b67a5c9-d01b-415e-8831-87f02dc2bdc1

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Do I go to my computer so I can use my echoed setting on my iPad?

Yes, I need to remote into the computer. Follow those steps on your computer.

If you need to get this link on your computer to connect with, the message with the link should be in your email. Just log into your email on the computer and click the link and follow the steps to connect to the remote session. Reply if any trouble connecting so I can help.

How are you coming along with connecting to the remote session on the computer?

Please reply and let me know if you need help connecting. I will be leaving the office for a short time at 2:15 pm Eastern and returning probably at the latest 3:45pm Eastern, so I was hoping you would connect so I resolve this for you. If I don't hear from you before I step out, I will reply to reconnect once I return.

In the meantime, if you would like to try on your own, open a web browser on your computer. In the address windows, type 192.168.1.1 and you should come to a log in screen to get into the Management interface of the router. User the word admin for both the username and password. Once in, click through the various menu until you find wireless seecurity. Here is where you can find your wifi password, so that you can use it for the next step in connecting the echo.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I have closed the remote session since you did not connect and I did wait on it for 30 minutes. Just reply and let me know if the solution I sent worked or when you are available again to do a remote session and I will send you a new code. I will back in approx. 1 to 1.5 hours.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I am back and available when you are ready to connect for the remote session if still needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert