Mu Kindle screen shows a battery with an exclamation point,

Customer Question
Mu Kindle screen shows...

Mu Kindle screen shows a battery with an exclamation point, what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just noticed it yesterday, has to have happened since Sunday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried charging it but nothing changed

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question.Please give me a moment to respond.
Okay, so the exclamation point means the battery is totally dead and the device needs to be charged.Which Kindle model do you have? On the paperwhite models you will see an orange light turn to green when the charge is complete. On other devices you may see a lightening bolt when you plugin to power.How long did you let it charge? If the device is really low you can't turn it on for awhile. Let it fully charge and then try it.If the unit is fully charged but won't turn on, try holding the power button for 30 seconds to reset the device.If this answers your question, great. In that case I would greatly appreciate it if you would please provide me with a positive rating. If you still need help, please reply to those questions and I will respond.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Charged it for about 5 hours. Just ride holding power button then restart, no change

I see you requested remote service, but there is an extra charge and that really won't help you since I can't remote into your Kindle. I can help you here for the same price as you agreed to, or if you prefer a phone call I can offer that at an addional fee. I am not trying to upsell you, just make sure I'm helping how you wish.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ll pass thanks

Okay, so I'm happy to keep helping you here, is that what you'd like?

I don't think there is any point to you paying for remote service and a phone call isn't needed either. :)

Please just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cancel request, problem remains unresolved.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please cancel order.
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson