I forgot my password for my email address and when I try for…

I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** my***@******.*** email address and when I try for a new password, they send me a code and when I use the code to reset to a new password, the new password ***** works. Have done this many many times.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I may have given them some security answers but I cant remember.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Trouble started when I tried to install my email account onto a new Smart phone. I couldn't do it because I would receive a message saying "couldn't access my server". But my smart phone will receive all my messages but I cannot send a message either on that phone or my laptop since that happened. Gmail sends me codes and I change passwords but they always say "wrong password"!!

3/16/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When were you last able to sign into your account?

Please let me know

Thank you

The day I tried to install my email onto my new smart phone which was about March 2nd?? Hasn't worked ever since on my laptop either.

Ok, now if you sign in what message go you get?

Wrong password

Thanks

Can you please use my link below to reset your password

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Once done, use this new password ***** sign into your account.

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

I don't see any doenload

Are you on a windows or mac computer?