Lenovo Ideapad PC HK limited flex 4-1130 Model 80u3: I

Customer Question
Lenovo Ideapad PC HK...

Lenovo Ideapad PC HK limited flex 4-1130 Model 80u3: I forgot my entry password.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lenovo Ideapad PC HK limited flex 4-1130 Model 80u3:

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

It came with the OS loaded. I believe it was windows but not certain of release. I was given the computer 3 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Last summer it got phised and I stopped using it a result. Up until now I was able to remember the login password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No but thank you for your preliminary work.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

To clarify you forgot windows login password ***** i correct?

Which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

1. Correct.
2. I believe it was 10 but I am not certain.

OK when you enter any password ***** it show a password ***** or password ***** link along with incorrect password *****?

1. Correct
2. I believe Win 10 but not certain

I understand.

when you enter any password ***** it show a password ***** or password ***** link along with incorrect password *****?

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

I am sorry John. I may have to disconnect with you.I am an insurance broker and I am on the phone with a claim. Is there a way I can reconnect with you?To answer: It gave me a hint and I entered the PW. Password ***** link instructed me to put in a disk. However it is set up for thumb drive only and upon entering the thumb drive it didn't work.

No problem we can continue this later.You can access this page from your email.

You can find a emails from justanswer,open the one that says John replied to open this page.

I have about 1 hour before I have to leave so let's proceed.

OK good since its showing password ***** asking for password ***** disc you are using a local account.In that case our only option is to reset windows which will erase files in it and reinstall windows like a new system.Do you want to try that ?

Oh my. Does that wipe everything off except windows?

Yes it will.If it was a online account password ***** we could have tried online password ***** option.

Oh my. Does that wipe everything off except windows?Well I have to think about that.Thank you John. What do I owe you?

Since we haven't done anything i will leave this question open and if you decide to come back we can continue.

Oh my. Does that wipe everything off except windows?Well I have to think about that.Thank you John. What do I owe you?Thank you and may God bless you. Have a great day and weekend.

You are welcome.