Morning, I just performed the windows 10 upgrade and as a…

Morning Andy, Technician's Assistant:...

Morning Andy,

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I just performed the windows 10 upgrade and as a result the computer and my Brother MFC- 9340 CDW are no longer communicating.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Since the upgrad a couple of days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The troubleshooting on the computer stated that my device is not compatible with the 3USB

3/16/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the printer continues to jam up

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Richard, Computer Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i did all that yesterday

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2599
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still not working

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Brother cannot help me, microsoft cannot help
no one knows what to do

It is still jamming up correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when connected to the computer!

And if you disconnect it and then make a copy on it?

ok, I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will this have the computer lose data
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a family issue that just arise can I leave you for now & return ASAP

yes it is ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much Richard
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Richard,
Is it possible that I need to upgrade the printer driver to windows 10 capability

How is the printer connecting to the computer? Via USB or wireless?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
USB

Thanks

Connect it to a different USB port and tell me if that works please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did, no change

Can you connect the printer to a different computer and tell me if it works with that please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is the only desk top I have other than my Ipad

To do this, close all programs.
rstrui
Press enter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** do so once I return home.
Richard, Computer Specialist