I am trying to see and transfer photos from a old Ipod to my…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to see and transfer photos from a old Ipod to my comuter that runs win110

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

Is at least 8 years old, is about 1inch by 2.5 inches really thin

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

Nohing it was given to me by son and am trying to see how to transfer tthe pictures it has to my computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not for now, it has a few videos on it but what i am interested is the pictures for now... ok

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you connect the iPod to the computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It comes in as another drive on the explorer
but i cannot see the pictures on the picture file from the ipod

Do you see those pictures on your iPod when connecting it to the computer?

No but i see the folder

Thank you. Have you installed the iTunes program on your computer yet?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

no, it is not installed
my computer is running the win 10 version of the OS

Can you please install the iTunes program on your computer now, then check to see if the photos are in the folder / drive now?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Ok, downloaded I tunes version10.7 but it says I have to restart the system . I will lose you if i do?

Don't restart yet. Unplug iPod, then re-plug it, then wait a bit, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

ok
Cannot see the photos on the photos folder but i can see the videos on the video folder after i unplugged and plugged again...

Open the Photos app icon on your computer, then use the Import option and check. Please let me know. Thank you.

It did find the music album fotos and the videos on the I-pod but not the pictures

If you disconnect the iPod from the computer, then do you see photos on your iPod's screen?

I was able to see everything i am seeing now after the installation of the I-tune program....
sorry before the installation of the I-tune program

Do you mean after the installation of the iTunes program, if you unplug the iPod from the computer now, then you do not see the photos on the iPod's screen anymore?

Does your iPod have touchscreen?

I meant to say that everythig i see on the unplugged i-pod i was able to see before the installation of the i-pod program....No it does not have touchscreen, the screen is only about an inch by inch and a half.

Restart your iPod and check, thanks.

Ok this i-pod does not have a on off button it turns off after it is not used.....ok it is off now...should i re-connect it?

Turn off, then turn it back on and re-connect it, thanks.

OK, it did not resove anyting i still cannot see the pictures, the rest is still there.....if i re-start my Pc how can i get ahold of you afterwards?

I've emailed you. Did you receive it?

nonlet me check....

OK, thanks.

Ok i have your e-mails, i guess the only thing left to do is to re-start my computer and see if that is what it takes to be able to see the photos on the i-pod right?

Yes, then let me know, thanks.

OK will do.......

Thank you.

Ok i did restart the computer and even took a long time to download the latest update to the I-tune program and again not able to export the fotos from the I-pod Nano to the PC...I am able to see the photos on the I-pod Nano but have not been able to expeort them to the PC..I guess it cannot be done....to tell you the truth I don't know how he took photos with the I-pod Nano, i could not find how to do it??

Did you check all the folders/subfolders in the device in This PC?

I did, it reads it as another USB drive and it shows all the folders except the photos cannot be down loaded or seen byt the PC....?? I guess iwill have to contact the I-pod Nano folks to see how to export the photos from the nano to the PC
Ok will let ya know what I found out OK..thanks for trying to help me......
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I see the previous expert has left the conversation.

Do you still need help with this?

Seems nothing I tried has helped, I have given up trying to recover those pictures...thanks....

Ok, if you change your mind just reply back at any time and we can try some other solutions.

Pete.